“A Wilmington, MA based company that designs, develops, and manufactures reactive gas solutions. ASTeX and MKS Instruments merged in 2001.” – From MKS Press Release
SPEC provided a Design / Build / Commissioning package to ASTeX, for the relocation of their combined Manufacturing, R&D and Office Space from their old facility in Woburn, MA to the expanded facility in Wilmington, MA. The complete Design / Build cycle for this $9.2 MM project lasted from January of 2000 to July 2000. The client needed an up and running facility by the first week in July due to lease constraints. Downtime was not an option that could be tolerated, which required careful phasing of both the construction of the new building and relocation from the old building.
- 118,000-sq. ft. gut and rehab of the existing building at 90 Commerce Way.
- Renovated for Clean Manufacturing, Discrete Manufacturing, QC/QA, R&D and support space.
- New Utilities including HVAC, High Purity Gases, Process Chilled Water, Plant Air, Electrical Service, Fire Protection and Waste Treatment Systems.
- Employee Amenities were also added including a full service kitchen, health club and complete upgrade to the office spaces.
- SPEC gave the building an upgraded look by providing a new façade, entry and reception area.